Sunday, December 29, 2013

Baking Eggless, Rainbow-Nutella Cupcakes using Pancake mix

Hi there!!

It's been quite awhile since I last posted something. Have been away for holiday trips to Jiu Zhai Gou in China followed by a diving course in Lombok-Gilli Trawangan.These two places don't really have good bakes and I had been craving for a little sweet something which resulted in this baking post when I flew back to Singapore ;p

I have been wanting to try something cool out and decided on making these lovely and cute cupcakes.
 As I have folks of age at home, I can't help but to be quite health conscious. Hence, I decided to do away with eggs in my bakes and use pancake mix instead!

Ingredients:
- 1 cup of pancake mix
- 1 cup of sugar
- Half cup of water (or add water till mixture is slightly creamy)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence (cause I love the smell of vanilla)
- 1 drop of food colouring (violet, red, green and yellow)

Steps to make the cupcakes:
1) Preheat your oven to 180 degree celsius for 10 minutes
2)Mix all the ingredients using a mixer (except the food colourings)
3) Separate the mixture into 4 different bowls and add the food colourings to each bowl like this:


4) Scoop dollops of the 4 coloured mixture into your cupcake tray to get a beautiful mix of colours


5) Place the tray into the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes 
(You know your cupcakes are ready when you stick a toothpick into the cake and it comes out clean)
6) Core your cupcakes using either an apple corer or a straw
7) Fill your cupcakes with generous helpings of Nutella cream!
8) Enjoy!

*Mixture bakes up to 15 cupcakes



Hope you like this post :D
xoxo,
Ava





1 comment: